On the 14th of May 2015, the Amber Flag Team had a Pizza Day in aid of Pieta House, Cork. Pieta House has many counsellors who work with people of all ages who are feeling down and need to talk. Everyone has problems at different stages in their lives and we think that talking about anything that bothers you and feeling strong enough to change negative habits, is very important. The Amber Flag Team tries their very best to promote positive mental health around our school. We have done many activities this year such as –
- Walk in Our Shoes
- Buddy Day uniting juniors and the seniors
- Positive Pumpkin Pageant/Poster Competition
- Mental Health Quiz for the whole school
- Music at lunch time
- Transition Year mental health workshop with the Cork Counselling Centre
- 1st Year Mental Health Treasure Hunt
- 2nd Year fun activities and games
- Assemblies for all year groups on positive mental health
The Amber Flag Pizza Day was a very successful day and we raised €415 for Pieta House. We also held a raffle and the prizes were cinema tickets for you and a friend. In first place was Aine O’Neill who won 4 cinema tickets and in second place was Fiona O’Neill who won 2 cinema tickets. These cinema tickets were kindly donated by the Gate Cinema and we are very grateful to them.
On behalf of the Amber Flag Team, we would like to thank everyone who supported us this year and helped spread positive mental health.
By Lauren Ryan & Kate McKeone 3B