At all times St. Angela’s students are expected to wear their uniform with pride.
The school uniform is as follows:
Green knee-length school skirt or school trousers
- school blouse
- school jumper
- school jacket
- school scarf (optional)
- black opaque tights or green socks
- black, low-heeled shoes (maximum heel height: 6 cms)
- school tracksuit with polo shirt for PE, sport/dance/leisure classes
In all cases only the official school uniform items are allowed.
Coloured T-shirts/hooded tops/or other garments visible inside or below school blouse or jumper are not allowed.
- Full school uniform must be worn for all school activities including after school study and when representing the school in any capacity.
- Full school uniform must be worn en route to school and when leaving school at the end of the school day. In exceptional circumstances if a student needs to change out of uniform at the end of the school day, she must change totally into ‘civilian’ clothes.
- It is strongly recommended that all students have a change of uniform. In the interest of personal hygiene and to facilitate any necessary cleaning/repairs each student should have a change of school skirt/trousers and blouse.
- Students choosing to wear the school trousers should be aware that, unlike skirts, trousers are not made for constant wear and that therefore they will require at least two.
- Students should see to it each night that their uniform is in a fit condition to be worn to school the next day. PE gear is not an acceptable alternative.
- Notes re spillages, broken zips, ripped buttons, hems in need of mending or uniform left in other people’s houses are not acceptable.
- Shoes must be plain black and low-heeled. For health and safety reasons heels must be no higher than 6 cms. Students are not permitted to wear clogs, platforms, slingbacks, sandals or runners or boots of any kind.
- If for medical reasons alternative footwear needs to be worn, a note from parents/guardian to that effect must be bought and countersigned by the Principal/Deputy Principal. When a student is allowed to wear runners for medical reasons she must wear skirt/trousers as usual, not tracksuit bottoms.
- Large or inappropriate items of jewellery must not be worn while in school uniform.
- Students may not wear facial studs, nor is any other form of body piercing permitted on health and safety grounds.
- Only discreet make-up and clear nail varnish may be worn. Students are not permitted to apply make-up in school.
- Full school tracksuit and polo shirt must be worn for all PE classes.
- Students must change back into uniform immediately after PE/Drama/Dance/Leisure etc. except where this class is the last period of the day.
- Fourth and Fifth Years must change into navy tracksuit pants and school polo shirt for Sport/Dance/Yoga/Drama etc.
- Members of a school sports team may come to school in their school tracksuit onlyif they have to leave for a match before the 10.55 break. If they are scheduled to return to school for class after a match they must change back into their uniform.