a. The application form is available on the school website or by request from the school office. Prospective students’ completed forms must be handed in person to the school office. The school office will accept the form, stamp and sign it, and provide you with a copy as proof of your application.
2. Who is eligible to apply for a place in St Angela’s College?
1. A sibling of a student(s) currently attending St Angela’s College.
2. A sibling of a student who completed their Leaving Certificate in St Angela’s College.
3. Daughter(s) of a current member of the teaching or ancillary staff of the School with the exception of any temporary member of staff whose employment with the School is for a period of less than two years.
4. Daughter(s) of past students who completed their Leaving Certificate in St Angela’s College, subject to a maximum number of places which does not exceed 25% of the available places as set out in the School’s annual admission notice for the school year concerned. Should there be an excess of applicants in this category, a random selection process will apply to this category to establish to whom places in this category will be offered. Should there be an excess of applicants in this category, a random selection process will apply.
5. All other female applicants.
3. One of my daughter’s friend’s application is on a waiting list for St Angela’s but my application is not being accepted until after the 1st October. Why is this?
a. The school currently has waiting lists in operation for the years 2021-2025. Applications for these waiting lists were accepted prior to the 1st February 2020 in advance of the Education (Admission to Schools) Act 2018 becoming law. No further names will be accepted in advance of the admissions window opening on the 1st October prior to the year that your daughter will enter St. Angela’s College.
4. My daughter is in second class and is due to start secondary school in 2025, when do I need to put her name down?
a. For admission in 2025 your daughter’s name will be accepted between the 1st to 23rd October 2024.
5. I applied to St Angela’s in the year 2017 for my daughter to start in 2022. Do I need to reapply on the 1st when the new window period for admissions opens?
a. Your original application submitted in 2017 is still valid as it was received prior to the commencement of the Act on 1st February 2020.
6. My daughter does not have a sibling in the school and I am not a past pupil. How does the school select which applicants are selected in this case?
a. If the demand for places is greater than the number of places available, such applicants will be awarded places based on random selection/lottery and following the allocation of places to applicants in categories 1 to 4 set out above.
7. What happens to application forms that arrive after 4 p.m. (GMT)on the 23rd October?
a. These will be processed as late applications as outlined in Section 14 in our Admissions Policy.