- Transition Year was introduced into the school programme in 1996.
- Transition Year is optional in St Angela’s College.
- Between 85% and 95% of our Junior Certificate students take up the Transition Year option.
- They are divided into 3 or 4 base classes.
- We believe that the inclusion of a fourth year in the secondary school cycle gives the student a more rounded education;
- It offers her a chance to mature and develop socially, intellectually and emotionally;
- It enables her to explore options, which would not otherwise be normally open to her;
- It allows her to build for herself a more solid foundation before proceeding to a Leaving Certificate programme.
Our Aim is to encourage the student:
- To be more confident and secure;
- To be more caring and sensitive to the needs of others;
- To develop study and time management skills;
- To improve her ability to communicate effectively;
- To enhance her skills in analysis and critical thinking;
- To develop creativity and to acquire new aptitudes, interests or skills;
- To consider carefully her future career orientation;
- To strive to ensure good physical and mental health;
- To become more inquisitive and aware of the world around her.
Transition Year website: www.tystangelas.weebly.com