2020 – 2021 Booklists
Draft School Calendar, 2016/2017PLEASE NOTE: Unforeseen events / circumstances may necessitate changes to this calendar and therefore amendments may be made as and if required. 1. Back to school arrangements: Thursday, 25th August 1st Year 9:00 -11:00 and 5th Year 11:00 -1:00 13.50-15.50 Subject Department Meetings/ School planning. Friday, 26th August 1st Year 9:00 -11:00, 2nd Year 9:00 -11:00 and 3rd Year 11:00 - 1:00 13.50-15.50 Subject Department Meetings/ School planning. Monday, 29th August 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 5th & 6th Year students, 8.55 -1:10 13.50-15.50 Subject Department Meetings/ School planning. Tuesday, 30th August 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 5th & 6th Year students, 8:55 - 3:50 Monday, 5th September Transition Year students return to school (Induction Thursday 1st September)
2. School Closures: The School will be closed for students on the following dates:School closure Monday 26th September. Mid-term break Monday 31st October 2016 to Friday 4th November 2016 inclusive. Christmas Closing at 12.00pm on Thursday 22nd December 2016, re-opening on Monday 9th January 2017 Mid-term break Monday 20th February 2017 to Friday 24th February 2017 inclusive Public holiday Friday, 17th March (St Patrick’s Day). School closure Monday 20th March Easter Monday 10th April 2017 to 21st April 2017 inclusive. Public holiday Monday, 1st May. Note: School closures highlighted were agreed with staff. An additional day must be allocated to meet the 167 class contact days under the terms of CL 0025/2011. Summer holidays Begin after prize-giving on Friday, 2nd June. 3. Tests Christmas Week beginning 5th December (6th Years on Week beginning 28th November) Incoming 1st year assessment Saturday, 4th and 11th March Mocks Week beginning Tuesday 6th February (Leaving Certs) Week beginning Tuesday 6th February (Junior Certs) Summer Wed. 24th May for 5th, 1st, 2nd years 10th, 11th & 12th May, Transition Year Junior and Leaving Cert exams Begin on Wednesday, 7th June. https://www.examinations.ie/
4. Evening Information Sessions for ParentsFirst Year Induction Monday 19th September Incoming 1st years Wednesday 18th January Parents’ Information nights TY Tuesday 14th March Sixth Year Graduation Mass Tuesday 23rd May
5. Parent-Teacher MeetingsParent-Teacher meetings will be held between 4.15pm and 6.45pm on the following dates: 6th Year Tuesday 18th October 3rd Year Thursday 10th November 2nd Year TBC December 1st Year TBC January 5th Year Thursday 16th February 4th Year TBC March (Fifth Year Subject choice due in March, TBC)
6. Transition Year EventsInformation Meeting on TY for Parents Wednesday, 21st September Work Experience Will take place in the two weeks leading up to the Feb. mid-term 4th Year Graduation and Gaisce Monday 22nd, May, 7.30pm
7. Staff MeetingsWednesday 7th September 12.10 – 2.10pm Thursday 15th December 2.50 – 4.50pm Tuesday 21st March 2.50 – 4.50pm Wednesday 10th May 12.10 – 2.10pm 8. Subject Department Meetings/ School planning Thursday, 25th August 1st Year 9:00 -13:00 and 5th Year 11:00 -1:00 13.50-15.50 Subject Department Meetings/ School planning. Friday, 26th August 1st Year 9:00 -1:00, 2nd Year 9:00 -11:00 and 3rd Year 11:00 - 1:00 13.50-15.50 Subject Department Meetings/ School planning.
9. Important Dates/Events1. Career information night for 6th Year Parents: 12th September, 2016 2. Feast Day of Saint Ursula: 21st October, 2016. 3. Feast Day of Saint Angela Merici: 27th January, 2017.